Rods from St Croix, available from Xplorer Fly Fishing, won the awards for saltwater and flyfishing rods, while reels from Pure Fishing won the saltwater and fly fishing reel categories.
Other locally-available prize-winning fishing brands are G. Loomis (freshwater rod), Shimano (freshwater reel), PowerPro (line) and Costa (eyewear) from Rapala VMC SA; Lew’s (combo) from Thornveld Angling; Eagle Claw (terminal tackle) from Sensational Angling; and Under Armour (lifestyle apparel), from Apollo Brands.
The full list of prize winners are (listed according to category, brand or supplier and product):
- Overall winner – eddyline kayaks – eddyline C-135 YakAttack Edition
- Freshwater Rod – G. Loomis – E6X Bass
- Saltwater Rod – St. Croix Rods – Avid Inshore
- Fly Fishing Rod – St. Croix Rods – Mojo Bass Fly
- Freshwater Reel – Shimano American Corporation – Stradic C3000HG-K
- Saltwater Reel – Pure Fishing – Penn Clash
- Fly Reel – Pure Fishing – Pflueger Medalist Fly Reel
- Hard Lure – Savage Gear – Hard Shrimp
- Soft Lure – Koppers Fishing – Livetarget Hollow Body Sunfish
- Lifestyle Apparel – Under Armour – UA Storm Covert Pant
- Technical Apparel – Lifeshirt – Aegis Lifeshirt
- Boating Accessories – YETI Coolers – YETI Hopper 20
- Boats – eddyline kayaks – eddyline C-135 YakAttack Edition
- Combo – Lew’s Fishing Tackle – Mach 1 Combo
- Electronics – Johnson Outdoors – Humminbird HELIX 7 SI
- Eyewear – Costa – Rooster
- Fishing Accessory – RinseKit – RinseKit
- FishSmart – Release Ruler – Freshwater Release Rulers
- Fly Fishing Accessory – Simms Fishing Products – G3 Guide Stockingfoot
- Footwear – Simms Fishing Products – Current Shoes
- Giftware – YOLOtek – PowerStick
- Kids’ Tackle – Steinhauser – Tangle-FREE Combo
- Line – PowerPro – Maxcuatro
- Tackle Management – Eposeidon Outdoor Adventures – KastKing Rack ‘em Up Rod Racks
- Terminal Tackle – Eagle Claw Fishing Tackle – Lazer Sharp Fillet Knife.
The 2016 ICAST show will be held from 12-15 July at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida.