Cobra Golf has introduced a new line of irons designed with input from PGA Tour stalwart Rickie Fowler, namely the King Forged CB/MB progressive iron set. It features the technologies and sleek design that Fowler enjoys on Tour, which deliver a soft feel and precision shots.
“These high-performance Cobra irons consistently deliver the workability and shot-shaping control that I need to be competitive on course. I’ve been playing them for a few years, and know better players are going to appreciate the ability to work the ball without sacrificing forgiveness,” says Fowler.
The new King irons have the following features that enhance performance:
- Tour Proven Blade Shape – the classic blade shape delivers a compact look, preferred by better players and increases precision and workability to optimize scoring.
- CNC Milled Face & Grooves – CNC milling delivers a precise face and groove structures for improved spin and trajectory. Cobra use their wedge grooves through the set to enhance trajectory and spin control.
- Tungsten Tour Weighting – reconfigured to match Fowler’s irons on Tour, two tungsten inserts are strategically positioned on the toe and in the center of the club head for added forgiveness, feel and trajectory control.
- Flow Set Design – the composition of the set flows gradually from forgiving, easier to hit, cavity back long irons (2-6) to muscle back short irons, for an emphasis on precision and scoring.
- Diamondized Black Metal (DBM) Finish – Cobra’s durable, visually appealing, black satin finish diffuses sunlight, helping to maintain a sleek look over a long period of time, while offering extreme resistance to wear for longer lasting, better-looking
- Cobra Connect – powered by the Arccos system, Cobra Connect technology enables electronically enabled grips that work in conjunction with the Arccos Caddie app to give users the ability to track their stats and improve their game.