OUTDOOR Friedrichshafen will offer talks on themes tailored to meet the needs of outdoor retailers, including digitalisation, marketing, customer management, sales, HR and store fit out. Here’s a preview of some of the topics that will be presented in the digitalization, customer management and sales sections.
“Everything is going digital – but just how digital does outdoor have to be?” asks OUTDOOR Friedrichshafen. The digitalisation talks tackle the question of how much digitalisation will work for retail and provide insights into meaningful data collection and administration, virtual experiential worlds, digital sales training, and the scope offered by online sales platforms.
The Digitalisation speakers and their topics are:
- Patrick Majerle and Steffen Vierrether of Bitzilla will discuss online marketing for the sports retail trade as well as tips, tricks and best practice examples to survive digital in the future.
- Dr. Frank Dürr of acameo will talk about virtual salesrooms for the retail trade.
- Udo Latino from Brodos.net discusses omnichannel.
- Philipp Gotterbarm of GK-Team covers what the specialist trade can do to keep up with Amazon, Alexa, etc. and talks about practical marketing tools for immediate implementation in the company.
Customer management as a theme deals with informing retailers about what customer advertising is suitable and what marketing measures make sense for their business, including the right way to treat your customers, their data and their loyalty.
- Jutta Metzler of Bessere Texte will present a talk on how to do marketing on a small budget as well as how written communication can set your business apart.
- Isis Neuerbourg of morefire discusses inbound marketing for outdoor.
- Laura Kunisch, also from morefire, presents tools and tips for online marketing.
- Ulrike Valentiner-Branth of Different Spaces will discuss marketing and digital trends at the PoD (point of discovery).
“To make sure that [retailers] are ringing up sales non-stop, a workshop will be exploring communication and marketing for clearance sales. Relevant aspects such as merchandise management, pricing and store fit-out will also be examined.” These form part of the sales theme.
“After the sale is before the sale,” explains OUTDOOR Friedrichshafen. “We explain how to collect and process customer data, and how to use it correctly in compliance with data protection laws. We will also give you tips for handling complaints, and take a look at warranties, guarantees and goodwill.”
- Dr. Jan Beringer will talk about performance textiles (from odour management to compression) and that good is not good enough (there should be no comprises when it comes to fit). He’s from Hohenstein Laboratories GmbH & Co. KG.
- Martin Cieslik will talk about how OEKO-TEX is a building block for more sustainability. He’s also from Hohenstein Laboratories GmbH & Co. KG.
- Philipp Gotterbarm discusses how to deal with complaints and why the specialized trade must make the difference in the competition. Gotterbarm is from GK-Team.
OUTDOOR Friedrichshafen takes place 17-19 September in Friedrichshafen, Germany.