This year there will be 150 newcomers among the more than 1 400 exhibitors at Eurobike in Friedrichshafen, where about 60 000 cycling trade visitors will congregate around Lake Constance from 4-7 September. The trade only show days are 4-6 September, with a Festival Day open to the public on the 7th and the Bike Biz Revolution conference on September 3rd, the day before the start of the show.
On the evening of the first show day visitors will be given a glimpse into the future of cycle-related product developments when the “best new” award winners are introduced. There were 400 entries this year, from which the expert panel of six selected the 43 most impressive in terms of design, degree of innovation, quality of finishing, price versus performance and value added. A final nine products were selected as the gold award recipients because they particularly impressed the jury or are able to add something unique to the bicycling sector.
During the business conference topics such as data-driven business models, digitally networked bicycles and a Spotify-like approach to mobility and how the digital era will influence and transform the bike industry in future, will be discussed.
During the show more than 100 events will be presented, including trade lectures by the Eurobike Academy, workshops and demonstrations.
There will be several distinct exhibitor zones.
- In the Cargo Area new solutions for urban traffic problems will be shown with new E-Scooter and -bike developments that provide alternative modes of travel. The Eurobike Academy will also present talks on the subject.
- The Demo Area will offer visitors hands-on experiences of the latest developments in cycling ranges from about 100 companies with a variety of cargo bikes, mountain bikes and city bikes. Visitors can pre-register online for the chance to test-ride the latest on the market.
- New companies will be presenting their latest innovations in the Start-Up Area. September 4 will be Start-Up Day, when the 20 award finalists will be selected by an expert panel.
- In the Service Area visitors will be able to receive good advice on a variety of topics like digitalization, inventory management, logistics concepts or online sales platforms for bicycle products, insurance, theft protection and ergonomics.
- The fifth special zone is the Holiday on Bike Area, where companies offering international cycling tours and cycling holidays will be exhibitingHoliday on Bike area where companies offering cycling holidays, destinations and other services for bikers on holiday will have booths.
See more on www.eurobike.com.